Saturday, August 21, 2010

Birthdays, Doctors, Crawling, and School

Since my last post we have had a few things happen. First, Jason celebrated his 26th Birthday. We went to Wings with some friends and family. We also had an amazing cake! My friend, Rebekah Hooten, makes the best cakes. She is also very talented at decorating them. If you ever need cakes, cookies, or cupcakes for a party, I can get you her number! She is great!

Also, Libby had her 6 month check-up. She is 17.1 pounds, which is in the 75th percentile. She is 27 ¼ inches long, which is in the 95% percentile. She is a growing girl! Everything seemed good! We did start her on some allergy medicine; unfortunately she has got my allergies. She really enjoyed playing with the paper that covers the table. She also kept trying to grab the doctor’s stethoscope. When we took it from her hands she got mad and yelled and the doctor couldn’t hear her heartbeat because she was too loud. Eventually, we got it.

We called her doctor (for her foot), because she pulls up all of the time now. They told us that even though she is pulling up, she can’t be close to walking. So we have to keep her shoes on at least until we visit them again in October. I was irritated, because this whole time they have said we could take them off when she pulled up on her own. I still think she could possibly be walking before we go in October, if that is the case…..we will ditch the shoes during the day!

She has also figured out how to crawl forwards. This just happened on Thursday. It is so cute. At first she would crawl, crawl, hop. Now, she just crawls. If it something she is not suppose to have (like my shoes, cords, plants ….) she goes really fast. Today she finally had the courage to leave the living room. I was getting her bath ready and looked up and she was in the hall looking at me. Guess I have to watch her more closely now!

School has also started back. I will not be posting a lot about school. However, I will say that it is a change from the fun, Libby-filled, summer. I have to get use to only seeing her in the afternoons. It is not too fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment