Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Freedom!!!!

Just a quick post to let you know that Libby only has to wear her corrective shoes at night while sleeping and during nap times. We are so excited. I asked the doctor what kind of shoes we should get her and he says no shoes are best. However, realizing it is about to get colder (we hope) he suggested Robeez. Target has a knock off brand he suggested too. They are all leather shoes. He said it helps them to gain the muscles they need for walking. I researched a little bit last night and apparently all doctors suggest that for all babies..... who knew? I just knew I needed to go buy her some "walking shoes" soon, but I was wrong.

So we bought her her first pair of real shoes yesterday. They are cute. But what is even cuter and sweeter is seeing her playing, in her stroller, doing everyday things with no shoes on at all. I also have to say that I LOVE holding her close and being able to put her on my hip. Those normal things that every parent can do. It is such a blessing. We are so happy for her and us!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! New cute shoes and no more correctives . . . congratulations Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just teared up thinking about how wonderful this has to be for y'all! Can't wait to see Libby tomorrow with no shoes!!! Oh, and we bought Andrew an off-brand of those a couple of days ago, and we like them, except they are too slippery on the bottom. When he's walking around (with help) on the hard floor he's slipping a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you and I know you're SO excited to be able to really snuggle and play with her like you've wanted to for so long! I need to come visit so I can see her (and you!) again! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete