Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blessed

So……we are moving! We worked out a trade with a builder and will move this coming up weekend! We are so excited. The house is only 5 minutes from church (we currently drive about 20-25 minutes to get to church.) It is closer to work too! It also is bigger with a bigger FLAT backyard. If you have seen our current backyard you would know it has a Mound System Septic tank. It is actually fun for kids. We kept a friend’s 2 year old earlier this year and he loved running up and down the hill. We are super excited. The problem is we didn’t choose the closing date and it falls on a super busy weekend for us. We have a basketball tournament Thursday-Saturday. So, Jason will be coaching while we move. Also on Sunday we have our church’s fall festival. Jason is the chair of that committee. It is also Libby’s first Halloween!

We sent out a help cry to our Sunday School class. All I can say is that we are so blessed. We have a lot of muscle willing to help. We also had a few people offer to keep Libby. One thing that I never would have thought to do is cook lunch, but I had a friend offer to make chili for lunch Saturday too! God has blessed us with such wonderful friends! We are also blessed with a great family that is willing to help!

I also received the most encouraging card this week from one of my friends from Sunday School. It was just what I needed in the middle of this stressful week. Such a blessing!

Tonight I returned some borrowed baby clothing to a friend and picked up some extra bubble wrap they had from their move. Jason and I were on our way home from church about to cook noodles in the microwave (since we have packed all of our kitchen stuff and we are trying to save money). When I stopped by my friend’s, she had made us plates of food. It was wonderful and again such a blessing.

This week has been so difficult on me. I have been stressing about the house, finances, and other everyday things……however on the ride home I became aware of how blessed I am. As I watched lightening flashing across the sky, I was reminded of how powerful our God is. He is the great provider and He is the great encourager. He has blessed us richly and I am so thankful!

In closing, I must post about my favorite blessing, sweet Libby! She is currently walking down the couch. She is also holding her own bottle. She is working on waving. One of the sweetest new things is laying her head on your shoulder, the floor, the couch, my shoes, anything really…… It is so sweet!




Libby holding her own bottle
All ready to move!

Don't forget me!

No comments:

Post a Comment