Monday, December 13, 2010

Cookies and Santa

We had a fun weekend! Friday night we went to watch Holt play County High in basketball. I got to watch several students play and we also got to see some of the girls we had coached who know play for County High.

Saturday we went with the Hootons to see the newest in the Chronicles of Narnia movies-The Voyage of the Dawntreader. I was more excited about this one because I recently read the entire series. (After much pushing from Jason and Parker) It was really good! I was sad to see a small crowd. We went to an afternoon showing, but I expected more people.

After the movie we came home and made Christmas cookies, fudge, and a few other goodies. The Christmas cookies did not turn out so great. We used pre-made cookie dough and didn't know that in order for the shapes to keep we needed to add flour. We also didn't have the most beautiful cookies because we were all not so great when it came to icing them. Mainly because we have not done this very often. I called it a practice round. We probably have another practice or two before Libby understands that we are really bad at baking and decorating Christmas cookies. I do look forward to when she can really get involved.

Sunday afternoon we went to see Santa. I just knew Libby would love him. She never meets a stranger and loves men! I would say she loved him..... but she didn't cry or freak out. She looked unsure! She just sat there and didn't really do anything but stare. It was cute. For her picture with Santa she wore a dress that was mine as a little girl. She is a little taller then I was but it fit pretty good.

Some of our better cookies




Waiting to see Santa



Hum.......do I cry or not?




No comments:

Post a Comment