Sunday, July 4, 2010

Libby's First Fourth



Ladder Ball

Jason's Ribs




We started our celebration of the Fourth on Friday. We traveled to Marvin Chapel so Libby could meet her Aunt, Uncle, and cousins from Kentucky. We enjoyed a great meal and time with the fam. The next morning Jason got up real early to start working on his masterpiece. I don't eat ribs all that often...but they were good. We ate them at my parent's house. My mom, grandparents, Jason's parents and brother, my Aunt Emily, Uncle Buddy, and our friends from church, Patrick, Rebekah, and Delilah all enjoyed some good food. (My dad was not there because he is visiting Parker. They are on a trip of a lifetime in Israel.) By the way, Rebekah is the most amazing Cake decorator and cook. She made the cutest star jello mold thingys. They were so cute and so good. I wish I would have taken a picture. If you ever need someone to do an adorable, tasty cake.....let me know and I'll get you her info! We also spent part of the afternoon swimming.

Then on the fourth, after church we headed back out to Marvin Chapel. Once again we had some great food. But probably the most interesting part of the day was our exciting tournament of Ladder Ball, also known as Hillbilly Golf or Crazy Golf. Jason was my partner and we lost our first game, won the second, and then lost the third. So.....we didn't do so hot. I think we are going to make our own game so we can practice at home!

I think Libby really enjoyed herself. She loved being around all of her family. I stole the watermelon picture idea from a friend from college! I hope you all had a great 4th and had the opportunity to spend it with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment